[erlang-questions] live audio output from erlang on mac
Thu Feb 18 13:49:19 CET 2016
I want to generate raw sound samples and play them almost immediately on my mac.
I can do this by making wav files and call afplay so I know I can make
and play sounds.
That I want is to do is send sound samples to a server (probably using TCP) and
get the server to play them.
Can anybody suggest suitable software to do this?
Note I've contemplated the following:
1) I can build port audio but I'd need to write a TCP (or whatever) interface.
2) Pulse Audio seems to be able to do this - but the project for a mac port
seems to have been abandoned.
3) I wrote my own TCP server and with a core audio interface (in C) but the
code sucks and tricky things like splicing wave changes when the signal goes
to zero seem pretty tricky to do properly - and I have to use pthreads which
is unbelievably horrible.
4) The supercollider backend (scsynth) might be able to do this - but how to
do this is undocumented.
5) I think I could send RTP packets to VLC and configure VLC to play
but haven't tried this.
More information about the erlang-questions