[erlang-questions] Erlang tracing

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Thu Apr 7 10:36:37 CEST 2016

Hello again!

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 10:52 AM, Lukas Larsson <lukas@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> As you may know, one of the OTP teams focus areas for the coming year is
> make tracing better. At the moment we are gathering ideas and attempting to
> put together a vision of what we would like to have, before deciding what
> we can make.

The first step of this work is now nearing it's completion. I've just
opened up a new pull request on github (
https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/1009) with part of the changes that will
go into Erlang/OTP 19.0.

I would urge you all (especially if you are a tracing tool maintainer) to
check out the changes and come back with feedback to me. Either here, in
the pull request or privately if you prefer.

There is still quite a lot of work that can and will be done in the tracing
area, but this, I believe, is a good first step.

Thanks in advance,
Lukas
Erlang/OTP team