[erlang-questions] Should we deprecate or modernize log_mf_h and rb?

Martin Bjorklund mbj@REDACTED
Fri Apr 1 13:08:23 CEST 2016

Hi,

We are not using log_mf_h, but instead we're using disk_log_h (see
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-patches/2012-January/002583.html)

We use this handler to get log rotation, but we log all error logger
messages in clear text (this should IMO be the default).

If you're interested in adding disk_log_h to OTP (search for
disk_log_h in disk_log.erl...), the latest version
(updated as recently as 2006 :) can be found here:
https://github.com/richcarl/otp/blob/disk_log_h/lib/kernel/src/disk_log_h.erl

I support the deprecation initiative!

/martin