[erlang-questions] HTTP client with sessions support

Mikl Kurkov mkurkov@REDACTED
Mon Jun 15 12:03:40 CEST 2015

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 12:12 AM, Ulf Wiger <ulf@REDACTED> wrote:

> Creating an ets table really isn’t a heavy operation.

Agree, I'm mostly concerned about dynamic atom creation in runtime, isn't
it recommended to avoid this on long running servers.

It would be great to be able to run httpc like any other linked server with
start_link and then use its Pid to send requests without need of named
profile. Or maybe let use some safe runtime data as profile name, like ref
or string.
I see it is possible to run httpc in 'stand_alone' mode but this still
requires atom profile name.

But well, for current task it seems I can try to use profile per user, not
per session, so atoms list will not expand endlessly with time.

Thank you all for good points.

--
Mikl