[erlang-questions] Strange interaction between Docker and Erlangs ports (exit_status lost)

Alexey Lebedeff binarin@REDACTED
Thu Dec 17 11:31:22 CET 2015

Hi,

Ah, docker at its best )

$ for iter in $(seq 1 100); do echo -n "$iter " 1>&2 ; docker run --rm
edevil/docker-erlang-bug bash -c "sleep 1; erl -noshell -s test run -s init
stop" 2>/dev/null; done | sort | uniq -c
    100 SUCCESS

but

for iter in $(seq 1 100); do echo -n "$iter " 1>&2 ; docker run --rm
edevil/docker-erlang-bug erl -noshell -s test run -s init stop 2>/dev/null;
done | sort | uniq -c
     12 FAILED
     88 SUCCESS

So you should either use bash/sleep trick or try find a bug in docker.
Honestly, I just gave up ) Especially given that it's not very convinient
to use erlang distribution inside docker containers without something like
weavedns.

Best,
Alexey