[erlang-questions] Use Erlang AMQP client library

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Dec 17 10:12:14 CET 2015

3.5.7 is the old build system, not Erlang.mk. It requires you to fetch
extra repositories manually, from what I understand.

Erlang.mk fetches everything automatically.

On 12/17/2015 09:51 AM, YuanZhiqian wrote:
> Hi Alexey,
>
>    It's interesting that I've just tried copying rebar.config from
> the rebar-friendly fork to the canonical repository, what I intended is
> to tell rebar to find the correct dependency, and then I ran rebar
> get-deps && rebar compile, everything worked perfect.
>
>    So I guess there's something wrong with the erlang.mk so that it's
> unsuccessful to build using 'make'
>
> Best,
> Zhiqian

> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 20:36:01 +0300
> Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Use Erlang AMQP client library
> From: binarin@REDACTED
> To: on-your-mark@REDACTED
> CC: erlang-questions@REDACTED
>
> Hi,
>
> The better place to ask this sort of questions is at rabbitmq-users
> mailing list.
>
> But to summarize:
> - Failure with rebar is an expected outcome, it's not the right build tool
> - Failure with source tarball and `make` is an error - I've filed an
> issue at https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-erlang-client/issues/29
> - Failure to build from github checkout with `make` - couldn't reproduce
> it. Probably it's some problem with your build environment, but more
> details are needed if you want help from somebody )
>
> Best,
> Alexey

> <mailto:on-your-mark@REDACTED>>:
>
>     Thanks Alexey:), I'll have a try tomorrow. However there seems a lot
>     of compilation errors when building rabbitmq from code, do you have
>     a clue?
>
>     发自我的 iPhone
>
>     在 2015年12月17日,01:06,Alexey Lebedeff <binarin@REDACTED
>     <mailto:binarin@REDACTED>> 写道:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         If you are using erlang.mk <http://erlang.mk> or rebar3 as build
>         tool, you could just add amqp_client to your dependencies, and
>         everything will start working automagically.
>
>         If for some legacy reasons you are using rebar2, then you could
>         use rebar-friendly fork of client at
>         https://github.com/jbrisbin/amqp_client
>

>         Best,
>         Alexey

>         <mailto:on-your-mark@REDACTED>>:
>
>             Hi guys,
>
>                I have a frustrating time tonight trying to use rabbitmq
>             library for erlang in my project. There're two ways provided
>             by the official sites: .ez archive file as well as in source
>             code. https://www.rabbitmq.com/erlang-client.html
>
>                I wonder which one I should choose. I prefer to use the
>             source code because in erlang's documentation page, it is
>             said the loading code from archive file is an experimental
>             feature and is not recommend,
>             http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/code.html, besides, I'm not
>             very sure how to use a .ez archive file.
>
>                On the other hand, the source code won't compile through,
>             I searched in google and people says that it is not wise to
>             compile source code by one's own to use rabbitmq at present,
>             because of some tricky problem.

> [...]

Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu
Author of The Erlanger Playbook,
A book about software development using Erlang