[erlang-questions] --xinclude in xsltproc

borja.carbo@REDACTED borja.carbo@REDACTED
Wed Dec 16 09:59:23 CET 2015

Hello

According to the examples on erl_docgen documentation seems the
parameter --xinclude should be empty for the different output formats
to be generated.

However it is not the same on the code in the github document
https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/maint/make/otp_release_targets.mk
where for example for the indext.html case it is used:
  --xinclude $(TOP_SPECS_PARAM) $(MOD2APP_PARAM) \
and for .fo it is used:
  --xinclude $(TOP_SPECS_PARAM) \

It is true that at the begining of the document it is indicated:

ifneq ($(TOP_SPECS_FILE),)
TOP_SPECS_PARAM = --stringparam specs_file "`pwd`/$(TOP_SPECS_FILE)"
endif

MOD2APP = $(ERL_TOP)/make/$(TARGET)/mod2app.xml
ifneq ($(wildcard $(MOD2APP)),)
MOD2APP_PARAM = --stringparam mod2app_file "$(MOD2APP)"
endif

However this can not be generalized to any user code documentation
since those sentences refere to some specific directoty (by the `pwd`)
and although I have search for the mod2app.xml file I have not been
able to find it inside the github tree.

Please any help?

I have tried to just list the *.xml files in my case needed (map.xml
and others), all of them placed on the same directory and entering the
xsltproc command from that path and the result was that:

compilation error: file map.xml line 3 element erlref
xsltParseStylesheetProcess : document is not a stylesheet

However, when applying the xsltproc command to the that file (map.xml)
there was not problem to find the stylesheet.

Best Regards / Borja