[erlang-questions] exec-port crashing

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Wed Dec 2 18:30:19 CET 2015

Erlexec has been running in several production systems.  Yet, I can't claim
that it's bug free as the application has many non-trivial features and
handles various edge cases.  So if you find an issue, patches are welcome.

It may become a bottleneck if you heavily rely on redirection of standard
I/O streams of spawned processes, in which case erlexec does the I/O
marshaling between file descriptors.  If that's the case, I suggest to
redesign your application, so that it conveys I/O to Erlang by some other
means, freeing erlexec from the role of being the "broker" and leaving it
to do its main function - process supervision.