[erlang-questions] Who is interested in an Erlang Performance Improvement Book?

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Fri Aug 14 13:58:54 CEST 2015

Hey,

What could be interesting to me is not so much the process one can use
to detect performance issues and bottlenecks and solve them, but a fully
automated way to ensure that the performance doesn't degrade with bug
fixes and other changes.

In other words: we have fantastic test tools to ensure we don't add new
bugs with each commit; what would you do to make sure you don't kill
performance with each commit?

A good answer to that alone would be worth a thousand books on performance.

Cheers,

On 08/11/2015 08:00 AM, Robert Kowalski wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I wrote an article how to learn Erlang by example [1] which got a lot of
> good feedback recently when it was posted on HN.
>
> The past weeks I am working on finding bottlenecks and try to improve
> the performance of Erlang Open Source projects.
>
> Based on my work, findings and insights I was asking myself if you would
> be interested in a book about way to measure and improve Erlang
> performance. Like my blogpost it would use real world examples, this
> time from more Open Source Erlang projects.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Best,
> Robert
>

> [1]
> http://robert-kowalski.de/blog/lets-learn-erlang-and-fix-a-bug-on-a-couchdb-cluster/

Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu
Author of The Erlanger Playbook,
A book about software development using Erlang