[erlang-questions] ErlIDE on Mac OS X Mavericks - anyone using it successfully?

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed Nov 5 13:11:41 CET 2014

Hi Luca,

Yes, I know a couple of people that use erlide on OSX. All the problems
that I heard of were related to the computer name issue. Since I don't have
a Mac, it's difficult to give you the exact steps to fix the situation. I
assume that you have tried all the things suggested on the wiki page?

If you rename your computer to "foo", that name can't be used with -name.
You have to use the fully qualified value -- and it has to be possible to
resolve that name, most easily by adding the entry to .hosts.

Have you added the new name (and the FQDN) to .hosts?

best regards,
Vlad