[erlang-questions] Time for OTP to be Renamed?

kraythe . kraythe@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 18:48:17 CET 2014

So it seems the general sort of feeling is: "We don't really care about
adoption or how things are presented to the development community as well.
We call it Open Telecom Platform and if that means you can't sell a project
to management in Erlang then we don't care. Adoption is not a priority of
this community or Ericson in specific and thats that."

Sort of makes me wonder what I am doing here and what I have spent the last
2 weeks of my free time doing. I could write my project in Lisp an achieve
the same result and I already know Lisp fairly well.

Honestly this whole thread is making me think back to the first thread I
posted in this community and making me wonder if it would not be better to
go down the road of Scala instead. Even though that community is not what
Id call friendly, I can staff a Scala project with talented Java / Ruby /
Node.js / Clojure people. With the general sense in the Erlang community I
could hardly blame the developer that said "I'm not interested in your
project because Erlang is useless to my resume."

Hmm definitely food for thought.

*Robert Simmons Jr. MSc. - Lead Java Architect @ EA*
*Author of: Hardcore Java (2003) and Maintainable Java (2012)*
*LinkedIn: **http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39