[erlang-questions] Time for OTP to be Renamed?

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 18:40:17 CET 2014

On 02/13/2014 06:29 PM, kraythe . wrote:
> someone on amazon will post "Its not called Open Telecom Platform since
> 2014, it stands for "Open Technology Platform".

I hope you don't seriously believe "Open Technology Platform" is any better.

Instead of a few people mistakenly thinking OTP is a Telecom thing,
you'll end up with everyone not understanding what the f OTP is.

It's easy to tie what Telecoms do to what general IT does, it's all
essentially the same thing, except it actually needs to work in
Telecoms. But technology? That could mean anything from the wheel to
creating life from scratch in a lab to intergallactic space travel.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu