[erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlang/OTP 17.0-rc1 has been released.

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Sat Feb 1 20:37:32 CET 2014

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Daniel Goertzen
<daniel.goertzen@REDACTED>wrote:

> Thank you for all the details.  I think I have a handle on how dirty
> schedulers work now.
>
> You mentioned that you are working on non-SMP support for dirty schedules.
>  I note that enif_send() currently requires SMP when used from a non-NIF
> calling thread; would that requirement also be dropped by your work or is
> that a completely separate area of code?

Good question -- I haven't looked into that at all, but I can discuss it
with Rickard (or maybe if he sees this he can just answer here). I would
guess this specific restriction won't be lifted, but I think using
enif_send from a dirty scheduler thread shouldn't be a problem.

Looking at the enif_send code just now, I suspect it won't work if you try
using it from an RC1 dirty scheduler thread. I'll put that on the list for
RC2.

--steve