[erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlang/OTP 17.0-rc1 has been released.

Daniel Goertzen daniel.goertzen@REDACTED
Sat Feb 1 18:33:39 CET 2014

Thank you for all the details.  I think I have a handle on how dirty
schedulers work now.

You mentioned that you are working on non-SMP support for dirty schedules.
 I note that enif_send() currently requires SMP when used from a non-NIF
calling thread; would that requirement also be dropped by your work or is
that a completely separate area of code?

I run Erlang on smaller single core embedded systems and I currently have
to explicitly force use of SMP to make my nifs work (erlang picks the
non-SMP scheduler by default on single core systems).  Not a big deal for
my case, but it could cause portability problems for other NIF-using apps
(app developed on multicore system breaks on single core system without
extra VM flags)

Cheers,
Dan.