[erlang-questions] What lib to use for http requests

Felix Gallo felixgallo@REDACTED
Sun Dec 14 22:44:23 CET 2014

Hi Tuncer,

Your questions are excellent ones.  I agree with your assertion that it'd
be nice if http[c,d] were well-supported and kept up to date in the
standard library, but on the other hand that's equivalent to me saying that
it would be nice if other people did some tedious work.  The OTP team
appears to be, ah, not luxuriously staffed, and, er, somewhat
well-task-committed towards commercial customers, so it's easy to see how
they're not spending their days fastidiously refactoring the standard
library.

It would be interesting to know what the OTP team's official position on
accepting new libraries and deprecating old ones is, and what the process
would look like (EEP?  Other?).

F.