[erlang-questions] Erlang, WSDL, SOAP.

Garrett Smith <>
Tue Apr 29 17:27:12 CEST 2014

I have PTSD from my experience with SOAP/WSDL. I'm even having
problems typing these words.

If I had to tackle this problem in Erlang, I'd start looking for a
Java implementation. I worked with Axis:

http://axis.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html

It was a surreal exercise in mental torture, but it worked, finally.
As much as this sort of thing can.

This could be wrapped using the Erlang Java interface and made
available as a node.

Personally, I would not attempt this in pure Erlang unless there's a
clear line of sight to something working.