[erlang-questions] Erlang, WSDL, SOAP.

Christoffer Vikström cvi@REDACTED
Tue Apr 29 17:00:19 CEST 2014

Been using erlsom+detergent for a couple of years now. A heavily modified
version of detergent that is. We also experienced lots of pain, especially
with more complicated WSDLs.

Our use case was Google's AdWords API, which we got to work with detergent,
with a lot of adhoc-solutions for different clashes between the services.
When we also tried to implement BING Ads Soap API with detergent we got
completely stuck, we couldn't get it to work at all, which is a shame.

In the end we wrote our own tool called ews (erlang web services) which is
about to enter production soon:ish. It handles all services i have thrown
at it so far (around 30:ish). We do plan to opensource it at a time when we
feel it is getting stable and feature complete.

Generating well-spec:ed functions for all service operations is not yet
implemented, but is on our todo-list. Since we are stuck with soap for the
foreseeable future, I don't see us stop supporting this tool, and hopefully
it can be something others might want to consider when working with SOAP.