[erlang-questions] Yang vs. ASN.1 (WAS: binary typed schema-less protocol)

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Tue Jul 30 15:36:34 CEST 2013

On 30 Jul 2013, at 15:19, Wojtek Narczyński <wojtek@REDACTED> wrote:

>> Personally, I really prefer Yang over ASN.1.
>>
> Would your preference hold also for a business system, mean Orders, Invoices, and the like?

Ehm, yes, but of course the above should have included "all things being equal…"

I don't prefer Yang in places where ASN.1 is entrenched and expected, e.g. where ASN.1 *encoding* is in fact mandated.

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com