[erlang-questions] Comparative study involving Erlang

Sebastian Nanz pprogstudy@REDACTED
Fri Sep 14 08:54:31 CEST 2012

Hi All,

At ETH Zurich, we are conducting a comparative study of diverse programming
approaches to concurrency and parallelism regarding both usability and
performance. To ensure that the selected approaches (Erlang is one of them)
are represented accurately, we are dependent on feedback from experts.

We are looking for a volunteer to help us by reviewing some code written in
Erlang. We implemented a suite of 6 problems in each of the languages
surveyed. You would be asked to briefly comment on how the Erlang solutions
could be improved in terms of performance and style. For an experienced
Erlang developer, we would expect that this takes only a few hours. By
contributing you can ensure that Erlang is represented accurately in the
study; we would of course also acknowledge your help in the resulting
publication.

If you are interested, please email me directly with a short note about
your Erlang expertise.

Many thanks & best wishes,
Sebastian