[erlang-questions] Pmods, packages, Unicode source code and column numbers in compiler - what will happen in R16?

Devin Torres devin@REDACTED
Thu Oct 18 05:03:37 CEST 2012

I'm very glad the OTP team has the necessary respect and foresight to
strike the balance they have regarding pmods. Rather than bowing to
pressure and uncharacteristically removing support for an oft-used
feature, I'll be heartened to see the OTP keeping a conservative and
practical approach to this.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:
> I'm sure you guys use it a lot in Elixir, and that'd surely slow Elixir
> programs down, but that'd also probably make it a good test case for doing
> them right.

And maybe one day a feature you use in Cowboy to great effect will be
decried by a small minority otherwise unbothered by such feature -- a
feature whose existence has no bearing on their everyday use -- on
which day I will make sure not to suggest you to instead do it the
"right" way.

-Devin