[erlang-questions] Pmods, packages, Unicode source code and column numbers in compiler - what will happen in R16?

Loïc Hoguin <>
Thu Oct 18 10:45:37 CEST 2012

On 10/18/2012 05:03 AM, Devin Torres wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Loïc Hoguin <> wrote:
>> I'm sure you guys use it a lot in Elixir, and that'd surely slow Elixir
>> programs down, but that'd also probably make it a good test case for doing
>> them right.
> And maybe one day a feature you use in Cowboy to great effect will be
> decried by a small minority otherwise unbothered by such feature -- a
> feature whose existence has no bearing on their everyday use -- on
> which day I will make sure not to suggest you to instead do it the
> "right" way.

Cowboy doesn't use undocumented features. That's one of the biggest
Cowboy claim. It protects both the project and its users from bad surprises.

Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy
Nine Nines