[erlang-questions] Erlang http servers

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter@REDACTED
Fri Oct 5 16:01:44 CEST 2012

This thread is still going? How long till it is the longest thread ever on
the mailing list? (I suspect those are in the 100s though actually, haha).

But how has this not just ended with the understanding:

a) Yaws for some, can be embedded or used like a stand alone web server and
is known to be stable, fast and production ready
b) Cowboy for http library in your app and you like bleeding edge and a
smaller dependency -- and now even smaller in it self but requires ranch
c) Ellis for those who don't care to support http
d) Whatever makes you happy, maybe write your own!

And in my opinion Cowboy REST is now a much better Webmachine than
Webmachine, due to some changes around handling POST and a few other things.

Tristan