[erlang-questions] managing OS processes

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Sat May 26 11:06:51 CEST 2012

I'm trying to find a way to manage some os processes launched from
Erlang. For example I need to relaunch them when the external process
die for an unknown reason or send an HUP signal or just stop the
external process.

For now I'm using erlang ports to open an external process and detect
when it die. I also send signals using the `os:cmd` and and always
send a SIGKILL signal using the `os:cmd`before closing the port. But
is there a better way to do that? Maybe a module somewhere ? I saw
erlexec [1] but it doesn't seem to be maintained since a while.

- benoît

[1] http://code.google.com/p/erlexec/