[erlang-questions] Default install prefix

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Fri May 25 23:59:01 CEST 2012

Hello,

you should have /usr/bin and it should contains a symbolic links to  ../lib/erlang/bin/*
I do not know what was the actual design decision to put binaries under ../lib/erlang/bin but I am suspecting it facilitates "release" creation. The release contains a full VM binaries and erts it is much more easy to tar gzip ../lib/erlang/bin instead of filtering /usr/bin for relevant files.

- Dmitry