[erlang-questions] Building, Packaging and Installing

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter@REDACTED
Mon May 7 15:27:57 CEST 2012

> One major difference is that Colombo tries to adhere to the version
> numbering scheme of OTP and avoids using the source area for generating
> releases.

It means that after building in ./gproc the compiled version will be
> installed in ./lib/gproc-0.4.3
> This allows a more strict separation of managing dependencies and the
> actual building of the app you are working on.
> I tried to get rebar to do the same, but it was too painful for me to get
> that to work, so I decided to do an experiment of my own to see if I could
> create something that could help me out.

Just wanted to say this was an issue that has been recently debated
regarding source area for generating releases,
http://blog.erlware.org/2012/05/04/sinan-releases-and-being-right/

And that Colombo is sounding definitely like I had already planned on
building around agner, so I think I'm going to start out trying to use
Colombo for my needs.

Tristan