[erlang-questions] Building, Packaging and Installing

Tristan Sloughter <>
Mon May 7 15:27:57 CEST 2012

> One major difference is that Colombo tries to adhere to the version
> numbering scheme of OTP and avoids using the source area for generating
> releases.

It means that after building in ./gproc the compiled version will be
> installed in ./lib/gproc-0.4.3
> This allows a more strict separation of managing dependencies and the
> actual building of the app you are working on.
> I tried to get rebar to do the same, but it was too painful for me to get
> that to work, so I decided to do an experiment of my own to see if I could
> create something that could help me out.

Just wanted to say this was an issue that has been recently debated
regarding source area for generating releases,

And that Colombo is sounding definitely like I had already planned on
building around agner, so I think I'm going to start out trying to use
Colombo for my needs.