[erlang-questions] Erlang is the best choice for building commercial application servers

Jan Burse janburse@REDACTED
Thu Mar 15 01:44:26 CET 2012

Jan Burse schrieb:
>  (The scaled column assumes that the 2430 number is CPU
>  speed; if that's not what it is, ignore that column.)
Scaling usually doesn't match if different architectures are
used, i.e. 32-bit vs 64-bit.

But otherwise I have even seen a perfect match between
Linux and Windows on the same machine. Especially
for the JVM, since it does its own memory management.

Not sure if scaling matches if the machine changes.
Tried to see in some instances the size of the on chip
cache, but didn't see a big difference.

What is perfectly seen is the CPU clock rate. Quite
frightening when we think that Tablets have only
1 GHz or so...

Bye