[erlang-questions] Erlang is the best choice for building commercial application servers

Jan Burse janburse@REDACTED
Thu Mar 15 01:40:17 CET 2012

Jan Burse schrieb:
>  (The scaled column assumes that the 2430 number is CPU
>  speed; if that's not what it is, ignore that column.)
Little complication:

On the windows machine, it will go up in 100 MHz steps
relatively fast (~20 ms ??) if a single core is only used. See
Turbo Boost

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Turbo_Boost

It will go to 3.0 GHz or on the machine I used. On another
machine it usually goes up to 3.4 GHz. Thats why I
was running the Java example twice:

    bench(6000).
    bench(6000).

And got ~30ms and then ~15ms. But Erlang should be
also subject to the Turbo Boost.

When I did some other testing I used CPU-Z to see
what the effective clock rate was. And it went up
for SWI Prolog, GNU Prolog, etc.. equally well.

Bye