[erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlang UUID

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Sun Mar 11 08:56:02 CET 2012

On 03/10/2012 08:07 PM, james wrote:
> >I guess we will just agree to disagree on this.
>
> What is there to 'agree to disagree' about?

There are two sides to every story.  A good link to some discussion of pro-GPL versus pro-BSD can be found here:
http://news.slashdot.org/story/99/06/23/1313224/featuregpl-vs-bsd

I am sure you can find many other links that show similar discussions about why someone might dislike using the GPL.  A good summary, done by an anonymous coward (at the previously mentioned link) is below:
The GPL license is conducive to liberating software.
The BSD license is conducive to liberating people.
With the GPL license, the software maintains more of the freedom than the programmers who work on it.
With the BSD licenses, the programmers maintain more of the freedom with what they are allowed to do with derivative code.

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.