[erlang-questions] support for .ez archives

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Tue Mar 6 13:02:52 CET 2012

2012/3/6 Håkan Mattsson <hm@REDACTED>

> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 23:54, Tim Watson <watson.timothy@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I have a few questions about support for .ez archives, and one or two
>> suggestions as well.
>>
>> - is a timeline for fully supporting them?
>> - does the -include_lib(...) directive now work (in R15) when the headers
>> are in an archive?
>>

> Björn, is there a timeline?

There is no timeline and it is even questionable if it should ever work.
What is the argument
for having the include files inside the archive?

Include files are for off-line use during the build process.
The ebin directory is for runtime use and the contents could be inside an
archive.
The privdir is also for runtime use but must be possible to open from the
OS and is therefore not suitable to have inside the archive.

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP, Ericsson