[erlang-questions] support for .ez archives

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Mon Mar 5 23:54:35 CET 2012

Hello list,

I have a few questions about support for .ez archives, and one or two suggestions as well.

- is a timeline for fully supporting them?
- does the -include_lib(...) directive now work (in R15) when the headers are in an archive?
- does code:lib_dir/2 work properly with archives?

As a suggestion: I've noticed that the way most people build an escript binary is to glue everything together into a zip file with the appropriate header content and I wonder whether having 'executable (.ez) archives' would be a better approach? Perhaps this works today and I haven't figured it out? What are peoples thoughts about this?

Cheers,

Tim