[erlang-questions] Firewall friendly erlang node

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Mon Mar 5 21:51:41 CET 2012

Hi,

Distributed Erlang is not really designed to be used in environment
where there are firewalls in between the nodes. You can do what you
ask in the distribution protocol[1] and possibly setup epmd[2] to
detect nodes thorugh firewalls but most people (that I know of) give
up at this point and switch to an application specific carrier like
http and use that for inter-node communication.

Lukas

[1] see http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/erts/alt_dist.html for details.
[2] http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/epmd.html