[erlang-questions] TDD, Erlang and Emacs

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Sun Mar 4 11:07:38 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 08:34, Uwe Dauernheim <uwe@REDACTED> wrote:
> Sounds great! Where can I find that Emacs update? Is it in the OTP github pu branch?
> /Uwe

Hi Uwe

I haven't considered adding this features into erlang-mode itself. At
the moment this rebar-aware compilation mechanism can be found in
Emacs Prelude package [1], which I'm using in my day-to-day work and
I'm it's contributor. The problem with moving it into erlang-mode is
it depends on Projectile library [2], which helps defining project's
root directory and provides caching of project's information and few
other neat features. Basically only two function would have to be
copied into erlang-mode to make it work, but I feel like it would be a
duplication of efforts. In my opinion erlang-mode should be packaged
as ELPA-defined [3] package (I have submitted a patch for it [4]), so
it can use other packages as dependencies. Starting with version 24.1
Emacs contains support for package management (with dependencies
support). In my opinion this is a proper way to evolve Erlang mode.

OTP team, what is your vision how Erlang mode should be evolving?

Best regards,
Gleb Peregud

1: https://github.com/bbatsov/emacs-prelude
2: https://github.com/bbatsov/projectile