[erlang-questions] [ANN] SublimErl v0.2 - with code completion

OvermindDL1 overminddl1@REDACTED
Sun Jun 17 20:24:53 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Roberto Ostinelli <roberto@REDACTED> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> SublimErl, the Sublime Text 2 editor Erlang plugin, now supports
> code completion which includes parameter names.
>
> An animated GIF showing how it works can be seen here:
> http://www.ostinelli.net/_out_images/code_completion_full.gif
>
> It has now better support for testing [screenshot]:
> http://www.ostinelli.net/_out_images/running_test.jpeg
>
> SublimErl can be found in Github here:
> https://github.com/ostinelli/SublimErl
>
> As usual, comments / criticism / feedback welcome.

Never used Sublime Text 2 before, and at $60 it seems pricey for a
mostly-text editor, but that depends on what it does, and I will not
have a chance to give it a try for a few days.  I run a Debian type
Linux distribution, and considering that are its features up to par?
Why would I use Sublime Text 2 over Eclipse/ErlIDE or so?  I really,
like really cannot stand Eclipse, tends to start eating a few gigs of
memory then saying it is out of handles then just kind of vanishes
after a time (on windows, linux, multiple variations of each, no
plugins installed, multiple java versions, etc...), so looking for a
replacement would be nice.  The code-completion alone is the one of
the largest reasons I do not use Emacs (yes I know Emacs has code
completion but it is rather clunky), and Eclipse code completion is
not very quick (cannot keep up with my typing speed), and it appears
to have tabbed support, so I am curious what else is there that makes
it a good replacement, such as does it handle any sort of code
editor with code completion)?

Or does anyone else know of a good Erlang IDE replacement for ErlIDE,
Eclipse itself just has far too many issues to use well...