[erlang-questions] Erlang VM Documentation

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Mon Feb 27 22:35:24 CET 2012

I would seriously consider compiling to Core Erlang instead. It is a simple functional language inside the compiler. The compiler is designed so it can take Core code as input. Most of the compiler optimisations are done on Core so having that as your target gives you this "for free". Most legal things you can do in BEAM assembler you can reach through Core. It is actually quite a nice little language. There are a number of tools which work on Core. The language has changed very little and a description of it can be found at:

http://www.it.uu.se/research/group/hipe/cerl/

Robert