[erlang-questions] Erlang Process Notation?

Ulf Wiger <>
Fri Dec 14 09:28:48 CET 2012

A notation that might serve you reasonably well is FMC

It seems to be reasonably aligned with mainstream and have decent traction.

This paper might work as a a starting point (I have only skimmed it):

"A System of Patterns for Concurrent Request Processing Servers"
Bernhard Gröne, Peter Tabeling
Hasso-Plattner-Institute for Software Systems Engineering

Ulf W

On 14 Dec 2012, at 08:51, Max Bourinov wrote:

> Hi Erlangers,
> I am wondering if there is any notation for Erlang processes? I want to use it to describe my systems visually. Something like UML class diagrams but for Erlang (I know that class diagram is not the best example).
> p.s.: I heavily use sequence diagrams and they help a lot.
> Best regards,
> Max

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.