[erlang-questions] tcp server benchmark

Magnus Klaar magnus.klaar@REDACTED
Wed Apr 18 18:54:11 CEST 2012

HI!

If you want to go from zero to meaningful results quickly I can't recommend
basho bench enough. I had to benchmark cowboy recently to verify whether a
change actually had positive effects or not. Every ... single .. tool i
tried left me wondering if I should just pretend that an average of the
throughput and response times is good enough and move on. Don't fall into
that trap, it's really easy to write a test driver or two in erlang to test
the scenarios you're interested in.

Never tried Tsung, I guess it's alright as well once you get into it.

MVH Magnus