[erlang-questions] exmpp and rebar

Max Bourinov <>
Wed Nov 2 08:54:45 CET 2011

Hi guys,

I have rebar-ized project that uses exmpp library. exmpp library installed
in my system (sudo make install).

Since there is no properly rebar-ized exmpp I try to run in in my
application code manually instead of starting it in processor.app:

start(_StartType, _StartArgs) ->
ok = application:start(exmpp),

When I test my application (not release) everything work like a charm.

But when I do:

./rebar compile
./rebar generate

and then run released node I have the following exception:

Erlang R14B04 (erts-5.8.5) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:5]
[hipe] [kernel-poll:true]

=INFO REPORT==== 2-Nov-2011::10:38:08 ===
    application: processor
    exited: {bad_return,
                          {error,{"no such file or
    type: permanent
{"Kernel pid

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)

As I already said this approach doesn't work. Do you have any ideas how to
properly configure my app to use exmpp?

Best regards,