[erlang-questions] missing error reports from erlang.log.1

Pablo Platt pablo.platt@REDACTED
Sat May 21 02:09:59 CEST 2011

I've created a release with rebar.
I'm starting the app with myapp/rel/myapp/bin/myapp start
Error reports are not being written to rel/myapp/log/error.log.1 although the file is created and the initialization text is written to it (LOGGING STARTED Sat May...).

If I'm writing one line with the error_logger in myapp_sup:init/1, compile and run the app, I do see error reports in the error.log.1 file.
The line is:

error_logger:error_msg("dummy error report~n")

Am I missing initialization of an app related to error logging or do I need to change some configurations?
Does the error_logger:error_msg fix it by forcing initialization of this app?

Thanks