[erlang-questions] Developing killer / open source apps

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Fri Aug 5 17:09:53 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Marc Worrell <marc@REDACTED> wrote:

> This is indeed a terrible return for all your efforts.
> With Zotonic we are more lucky, receiving many patches, complete modules,
> translations and documentation from the community.
> In your case I completely understand the GPL license.  I already assumed
> that the erlyvideo business was not possible without this license.

Frankly speaking, the only practical reason for me to keep erlyvideo
opensource is to have marketing advantage before competitor:
my clients have their developers, that can edit erlyvideo sources and
add their own plugins.