[erlang-questions] Erlang shows its slow face!

Morten Krogh mk@REDACTED
Mon Nov 15 23:11:29 CET 2010

And a solution that uses the fact that A and B can not both be odd.

py6R(N)->
   EvenA = lists:flatten([[{A,B,C}, {B,A,C}] ||
   A <- lists:seq(2, N div 2, 2),
   B <- lists:seq(A + 1, max(A, N*(N-2*A) div (2*(N-A)))),
   C <- [trunc(math:sqrt(A * A + B * B))],
         A + B + C =< N,
   A*A + B*B =:= C*C]),
   OddA = lists:flatten([[{A,B,C}, {B,A,C}] ||
   A <- lists:seq(1, N div 2, 2),
   B <- lists:seq(A + 1, max(A, N*(N-2*A) div (2*(N-A))), 2),
   C <- [trunc(math:sqrt(A * A + B * B))],
         A + B + C =< N,
   A*A + B*B =:= C*C]),
   lists:sort(EvenA ++ OddA).