[erlang-questions] [eeps] EEP 35 "Binary string modules"

Zoltan Lajos Kis kiszl@REDACTED
Thu Nov 11 19:27:56 CET 2010

My opinion is that it would be more convenient to have a (single) module
that provides string handling on the iodata() data type.

Right now we have some functionality available only for list strings,
some for binary strings, and some for iodata strings;
some with unicode support, some without. This new module would
definitely broaden the available functionality, but it
feels like we will still have to convert b/w iodata, lists and binaries.

Regards,
Zoltan.