[erlang-questions] Lots of pre-built stuff in otp_src_R14B.tar.gz

Sergei Golovan sgolovan@REDACTED
Thu Nov 11 13:33:08 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Raimo Niskanen
<raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 02:48:13PM +0300, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
>> Hello All!
>>
>> I just found that tarball with sources for R14B contains pre-built
>> *.beam files. Is it intentional?
>
> Oh yes.
>
> It is needed for the bootstrap process;

In fact, starting from R11B-5 Erlang/OTP source tarball contains all
beam files prebuilt. AFAIK it's to conserve build time as now it's
sufficient to build only virtual machine (and a few binaries needed
by some applications).

Cheers!
--
Sergei Golovan