[erlang-questions] SMP in emacs?

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Fri Nov 5 17:40:00 CET 2010

zabrane Mikael <zabrane3@REDACTED> wrote:

mz> Off topic question. Could someone please explain me what's the
mz> benefits of this "+S" option (and the "+A" option by the way).

The +A option allows you to specify the size of the I/O worker thread
pool.  For moderate and high workloads that involve the local file
system(*), you'll likely see a performance improvement by using it.

-Scott

(*) All UNIX variants that I'm aware of will ignore any request to
perform asynchronous I/O on the local file system unless you explicitly
use the async API.  And even the async API doesn't have async versions
of some system calls like unlink(2).