[erlang-questions] Parallel Make in OTP

Dave Smith dizzyd@REDACTED
Mon Jan 11 14:35:51 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 4:25 AM, Jachym Holecek <freza@REDACTED> wrote:

> I recently learnt about rebar[*]. It's a native Erlang solution and
> looks pretty promising so far, although the documentation amounts to
> UTSL at this point. I didn't yet have a chance to get to know it more
> intimately, but that will come sooner or later. Anyway, always nice
> to see your dreams come true meanwhile you were dreaming. :-)

Actually the source repo for rebar is at:

http://bitbucket.org/basho/rebar

It's not exactly a secret project as I'll be talking about it at
Erlang Factory this year, but it is still pretty young yet. I think,
in the context of this thread, that rebar is probably not well suited
(and may not ever be) to building the Erlang/OTP base distribution.
It's more geared for building Erlang projects and relies heavily on
conventions for OTP apps and releases. It does build port drivers and
such, but that's a different ball game than building a cross platform,
large-scale C project. :)

I always welcome patches and feedback on rebar. If you have specific
questions about using it, I typically hang out in #riak on Freenode.

D.