[erlang-questions] Compiler to warn on used underscore-variables

Jarrod Roberson jarrod@REDACTED
Fri Jan 8 17:58:44 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Sam Bobroff <sam@REDACTED> wrote:

> (Actually, I was astonished to find that _X was not treated exactly like
> _, so that would be my preferred solution. However, issuing the "not
> unused" warning is much better than what happens now.)
>
> Sam

It is very well documented behvaior, there should be nothing suprising about
this.

>From the online documentation.

"... *Variables starting with underscore (_), for example _Height, are
normal variables, not anonymous.* They are however ignored by the compiler
in the sense that they will not generate any warnings for unused variables.
..."