[erlang-questions] Compiler to warn on used underscore-variables

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Jan 5 16:35:49 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 01:34:10AM -0700, Tony Arcieri wrote:
}  I'm not sure what alternative you're proposing.  Would you prefer all
}  variables prefixed with an underscore have the same semantics as '_'?

Yes.  The current behaviour, given the purpose of a underscore
prefix, violates the principle of least astonishment.  IMHO

I know it's not going to change but having been burnt by this
in my learning phase I still hold that opinion.

--
	-Vance