gen_event streamer

Marcel Meyer marcel.meyer@REDACTED
Wed Dec 15 00:36:41 CET 2010

Hi there,

I would like to request your guidance in the following scenario where I want
to follow OTP conventions:
I want to mount a process on a directory that fires an event when files get
added or deleted.  I thought the API should look like this:

fs_watcher:add_handler("/User/marcel/downloads/", pid).
fs_watcher:add_handler("/User/john/downloads/", pid).

Now I'm thinking that there should be 1 supervisor that keeps a process for
each folder alive and sends a message to pid every time something happens in
that folder, so in my example above, there would be 2 processes being kept
alive.

Am I talking about the server/streamer part of the gen_event?
Or do I need to roll my own by stitching an app/sup together that manage the
spawned directory processes?

Regards,
Marcel