application:start crash, bug?

Alisdair Sullivan alisdairsullivan@REDACTED
Mon Aug 16 06:29:20 CEST 2010

the sequence:

application:start({application, crypto, [{mod, {crypto_app, []}}]}),
application:stop(crypto),
application:start({application, crypto, [{mod, {crypto_app, []}}]}).

results in the following error:

{"Kernel pid terminated",application_controller,{{badmatch,false},[{application_controller,handle_application_started,3},{gen_server,handle_msg,5}]}}

and a hard crash. It doesn't matter which application I attempt to start, I encounter this error with all of them.

I realize using application:start in this manner is undocumented, but from looking over application_controller.erl, I can't locate the source of the error. Any insight?

Alisdair