[erlang-questions] Removal of the keyword 'query'.

Steve Davis <>
Mon Aug 16 13:40:51 CEST 2010

Yes, I was :) In an API, you'd probably be cursed by users for creating
a so-named function, and forcing the frequent use of something like:

In the general flow of development, using such an export, it would also
be quite easy to write by mistake:

...since that's what you are thinking naturally. And that is just a
distracting way of causing avoidable compile-time errors had you chosen
a different atom...

...so one does tend to avoid it. It is inconvenient, albeit just an
inconvenience. However, there seems no reason for it any more.