Re: [erlang-questions] A small question about TCP Socket of Erlang

Yan Yan yan.beijing.china@REDACTED
Sun Nov 29 07:56:53 CET 2009

Cool, Ngoc

Thanks a lot. Now I completely understand :-)

Perfect! Such code is much more elegant and concise than socket in Java.

Sincerely,

Yan
2009-11-28

From: Ngoc Dao
Time:  2009-11-28 20:07:30
To: erlang-questions
Fw:
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] A small question about TCP Socket of Erlang

I see, the your confusion is you have "receive", but you don't know
where the messages come from. You think messages received at the
server are sent from the client and and vice versa, but actually they
are not.
Try a simpler experiment:
* Run only your Erlang server, do no run your Erlang client.
* Use "telnet" program as a client to connect to your Erlang server.
You will see that messages received at the server are sent from the
server itself, from an underlying process spawned by the API library.